Friday, November 10, 2006

Red Red Robin

Kathy and I have been participating in a Round Robin with our group, the Hunters Hill Quilters, over the past few months. You might remember that I did the fish block for another quilter's Robin a few months ago. Well, the Round has finished and I have my rows back, and they are shown below! I asked for red and cream with a touch of green. I made the top row of daisies, and the other ladies added another row as it went between four other people.
The reason I asked for red and cream is that a million years ago when I still had time to hand embroider (did that time ever actually exist? Apparently so) I stitched a whole lot of redwork designs by a couple of stitchery designers, predominately Bronwyn Hayes. I never did anything with them, so I thought that the RR might be a good opportunity to use them up.


I'm thinking of sashing the redwork apart using some of these new Moda dots we've got in, and the red print from Piece O'Cake's Serendipity range.


Cute huh? I'll let you know when I've finished, and I'll get onto Kath to post you her RR tomorrow night! That's if and when she manages to crawl out from under the six hours of cricket matches she has to attend tomorrow..... three boys is a massive sporting life.

We can order any of the many Bronwyn Hayes books in for you, and we currently have her latest block of the month pattern Polka Dot Girls, in stock as a complete pattern. Happy quilting...and stitching..... :) Sarah

PS To those of you who have been asking about the beautiful Dove in the Window quilt a few posts ago, it is Brigitte Giblin's design and she unfortunately doesn't sell her patterns, you have to take one of her classes to get them. Sorry about that!