Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunny Afternoon



For the first time since we moved into our house five years ago, the wisteria on the front porch has flowered beautifully for Spring. The front of the house is draped in purple lace, and the few green leaves that are already out have given the porch a lovely dappled afternoon sun. Today was such a pretty day, one child at a birthday party and the other playing with his dad, how could you not sit in the sun and read and stitch?



I managed to sew my way through a few parts of some applique blocks, and read about six chapters of the Yarn Harlot's book, The Secret Life of a Knitter.


If you haven't read this hysterical book you should, knitter or not. If you're not a wool nut like she is, just read along and substitute the word "fabric" for "yarn", and you should just about have a take on my patchwork fabric stash obsession. I think the Yarn Harlot and I would get along well. Does that mean I'm the Fabric Whore? Don't think I'll tell my husband about that one!! Next time you have a sunny afternoon gaping before you I personally don't think there's a better way to spend it. Happy quilting... Sarah :)